- on 8 November 2013
- in Announcements
The Least of These
Orphan Care is a Ministry of Bethel Church and part of The 13. Below are some of the ways that Bethel is already involved in helping to care for orphans.
1. PRAY for them
- Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. -Matthew 7:7-8
- Bethel’s Orphan Care has a prayer ministry, with specific prayer requests and a monthly focus. Join by sending a request to: [email protected]
2. PROVIDE for their needs
- If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food…and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? -James 2:15-16
- When kids come into foster care they often have a couple of items that have been thrown into a garbage sack, or nothing. JOY in the Morning provided “We Care Bags” for local children coming in to foster care.
3. PROTECT them from harm
- The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, but He thwarts the way of the wicked. –Psalm 146:9
- Several families within our body of Christ have stepped forward as foster parents, protecting children as they wait in the foster system.
4. ENCOURAGE them to press on
- We urge you brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. –1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Royal Family Kids Camp , Teen Leadership Foundation, are camp opportunities which both include mentorship aspects.
5. ADOPT them into your family
- A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God is His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families… -Psalm: 68:5-6a NIV
- Bethel families have heard the call to adopt. Many have adopted and are in process.
6. MOBILIZE your church for them
- Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you. -Matthew 28:18-20
- Bethel Orphan Care launched one year ago and mobilizing the church is our purpose. We offer support groups for adoptive and foster families, library resources, matching grants to help families with adoption costs, and support for foster and adoptive families.
7. GIVE sacrificially to them
- Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. -2 Corinthians 9:7
- When the earthquake in Haiti happened, it devastated many lives. Bethel has filled a gap though Haitian Christian Mission Child Sponsorships. 117 children sponsored so far.