We’re excited about your interest in becoming a GROW Group Leader at Bethel!
GROW Group Leaders are vital in making followers of Jesus at Bethel Church. We entrust you with a great deal of responsibility in caring for and disciplining your people. Because of this responsibility we ask that GROW Group Leaders:
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (~2+ years)
- Become a member of Bethel Church within 3 months of leading
- Experienced a Bethel small group as a participant (preferred)
- Agree to be invested in by a coach and participate in leadership training
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior in the following areas:
- + No current habitual or moral struggles (addiction, cohabitation, etc) that would bring shame on the name of Jesus Christ or Bethel Church.
- + No martial struggles (infidelity, separation, divorce in progress, etc)
- + Supports Bethel Church’s statement of faith, purpose, and values without any reservation or addition
A GROW Group Leader is expected to:
- Facilitate their small group meeting with planning, prayer and purpose
- Lead their group in becoming followers of Jesus by selecting curriculum see approved studies, prayer, and balancing the four purposes (GROW)
- Select and lead your group in a service project at least 2x per year
- Identify and develop assistant leaders
- Participate in leader development trainings and be responsive to their coach
If you are interested in exploring the idea of leading a group CLICK HERE to start the process. Once you complete this short form, one of our small group team members will connect with you one-on one and help you with the next step.