- on 25 October 2012
- in Announcements
13 > East Kennewick > Community Outreach Center
Start Bethel outreach ministries in east Kennewick.
- Largest of the tri-cities at some 76,224 people.
- 16.2% of the population lives below the poverty line.
- Kennewick High has a dropout rate of 18.2% (highest in Kennewick)
- Affordable rentals are difficult to find.
- 24.2% of Kennewick is of Hispanic origin.
- Several influential churches have left east Kennewick to build in the west of the Tri-cities.
- Reflect on how God has prepared Bethel for ministry in a new area (e.g., we have started new venues, we already have three sites, our community outreach has grown dramatically, etc.)
- For the Lord to provide the right leader to lead this new ministry.
- That the right people from existing Bethel campuses will join this new outreach.
- That God will lead us to community leaders who will be able to impact the whole area.
- For a Hispanic leader to join the ministry and start a Spanish speaking service.
- Join the group of people who want to be a part of starting a new ministry in Kennewick.
- Attend the pre-launch planning meetings and contribute your ideas (time/place TBD).
- Join one of these teams that we need to make church happen:
- + The hosting team greets people as they come in.
- + The hospitality team provides coffee and refreshments for people.
- + The facility team sets up and tears down all the equipment.
- + The tech team runs the sound, video and other technical aspects.
- + The children’s ministry teaches and watches over different aged children.
- Help find a suitable place in east Kennewick where ministry can happen.
- Drive around the apartments across from Park Middle School and pray for the area.
- Your gifts to the ABC Vision will help provide a place for ministry to happen, staff necessary to lead the work, and equipment crucial to making ministries happen.