- on 25 January 2013
- in Announcements
- “Lower Valley” is actually the lower Yakima Valley consisting of the communities of Prosser, Grandview, Sunnyside and Mabton. Economy is based largely on agriculture and supporting businesses. The area is also known as “The Heart of Washington Wine Country.”
- Large Hispanic population: Prosser Schools has 51% Hispanic population; Grandview 89%; Sunnyside 91%; Mabton 95%. Also we have a higher percentage of children per household than the state average.
- There are many churches in the area; most are very small and struggling. 90% of the Lower Valley population does not attend church.
- Prosser itself has no large facility for use by the public. As we prayed and planned for a new facility, we have purposed to create a “Community Center” as part of our outreach.
- Pray that Bethel Prosser would be a safe and inviting place for all people of the lower valley. That we would be “uncompromisingly relevant” in our communities.
- Pray that He (God) would give us ways to impact that 90% of the people who do not attend church. That He would creatively enable us to “Romance our Community.”
- Ask God to help us energize, equip and mobilize “influencers” for His Kingdom.
- Building/Property Development—Phase one of a Community Center will consist of an 18,000 sq. ft. facility consisting of an auditorium to seat 400; kitchen; 38’ X 80’ Main Street area for community functions; and a Children’s area consisting of 10 classrooms, a workroom and restrooms. To view PDF of building go here: Aerial Rendering, 3D Rendering, Floor Plan Property development will consist of a walking path, fields for soccer/football and potential outdoor amphitheater for community use.
- Children’s Ministry/Young Families—Strengthen current DZ. Additional training of leaders and encouraging Bethel attendees to serve and join others as new families begin attending. VBS is an annual event focused on children who do not normally attend church. Create teams of volunteers to help us strategically reach neighborhoods throughout the Lower Valley. Preschool—is an opportunity to offer quality Christian education as an outreach into our community. In conjunction with Preschool we plan to offer life-skill classes for parents (i.e. marriage, parenting, finances).
- Vulnerable & Disadvantaged—Part of Bethel wide strategy to assist and mobilize our people to care for those who are less fortunate. Volunteers are needed for temporary housing and to assist/counsel teen age mom’s; help with Benevolence ministry; involvement with Royal Family Kids Camp; volunteer at Jubilee Ministry Food Bank and/or Life Options.
- Hispanic Culture/People—help with ESL classes. Volunteers are needed at all levels. Christian curriculum allows volunteers to share God’s Word as well as teach English.
Outreach Events—as we strategically host & coordinate “community-wide events” help us target the Hispanic population; to involve them in Christian activities while incorporating their culture. New Small Group- formed from relationships made during the ESL classes and the community outreach events. Translate weekly messages into Spanish.
- Strong families through strong Men—Engage, encourage and equip Men through quarterly training/equipping events. This training specifically will encompass the “protector mind set” for their families, community and church.
Increase participation in Men’s accountability groups.
- The Contract made with the contractor enables us to use volunteers whenever we can, including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, concrete, finish carpentry, painting, stucco, etc. If you would like to use your gifts and talents in the construction of this building let us know by sending an email here: [email protected]
- Property development will entail installation of an irrigation system; preparation of fields; general maintenance and landscaping. If you can help in this area you can contact us here: [email protected]
- Your gift will support the entire campaign of The 13.