- on 15 January 2013
- in Announcements
Disciple believers in stewardship through the Haitian Entrepreneurial Loan Program (HELP) in order to alleviate poverty, support the local church, and change the culture of the community
- Read a book concerning wealth and priorities such as; “The Treasure Principle” by Randy Alcorn Buy or “Radical” by David Platt Buy or “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper. Buy
- Do a study as a small-group on one of the above books.
- Do a Bible-study on wealth and poverty and the proper response to both, then seek God’s desire for your life. Matthew 6:20, 21; I Corinthians 10:24; Philippians 2:4
- For Edwens Prophete, Executive Director of HCM as he establishes a HELP team.
- For a Godly Haitian entrepreneur who would lead the HELP team to evaluate and prioritize various ideas and projects aimed at helping Haitians generate income.
- For Haitian men and women to be hopeful, industrious, and responsible in the face of dim prospects for jobs.
- For Haitian men and women to see their businesses as a way to not only provide for their families but also to change their culture and share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- For practical ideas, sufficient funds, and quality candidates for loans for small business ventures.
- For effective development of the block-making, peanut butter, bamboo production, wood-working businesses, and other existing projects to produce jobs and sustainable revenue.
For Betty Prophete and Sisters Helping Sisters program which helps women generate income and provides marriage, parenting, and community life support
- Attend a Haiti prayer and update meeting: Contact Jan Simonson
- Sign up for and attend informational meetings related to Haitian business development.
- Donate $250 for a start-up loan to woman in the Sisters Helping Sisters Program
- Go on a Short-Term Mission Trip to Haiti: Click Here
- Help develop a program for entrepreneurial loans and other income generation concepts.
- Submit job creation/business ideas: Nathan Croskrey
- Volunteer as a consultant to provide advice to Haitian businessmen/women in your field of expertise.
- Partner in prayer and communication with selected businesses/communities.