- on 17 January 2013
- in Announcements
Establishing relationships by serving individuals, like-purposed organizations and an evangelical church with an influence in East Pasco with the desire to see people reached for Christ
- Bethel partners with multiple organizations in the Pasco area to meet the spiritual, economic and social needs of the area.
- Most Pasco schools have at least 50% of their students participating in the free and reduced lunch program, many of the schools are at the 90%. We desire to serve in the community to bring hope to those in considerable spiritual and economic need.
- Realizing the city of Pasco demographics (55.7% Hispanic, 38.7% White, 5.6% Other) we desire to break down unfamiliarity and language barriers so that relationships may be built.
- For Bethel to deepen our desire to discover the needs of people in the East Pasco area.
- That we would respond by showing them love through service.
- As we shine our light that they may see our good deeds and glorify God (Matt. 5:16)
- Serve in Bethel supported organizations and schools to aid those in economic and social need.
- Help teach English to English Language Learners through Bethel’s ministry.
- Serve with Bethel alongside a partnered Hispanic church to help them in reaching the community, i.e. church events, GO!Kids VBS, possible shared facility, etc.
- Invest in a relationship through a Bethel supported organization to tutor or mentor.
- Develop Bethel’s Benevolence ministry to open a Pasco intake office.